(Scroll down for more info, including a video) A common problem in the installation of modern sound systems in classic vehicles is speaker placement. The kick panel on a vintage vehicle, for example, is a dangerous environment for most contemporary speakers. Venting systems on these vehicles commonly expose speakers to moisture, leading to damage, and ultimately to speaker failure.
To address this issue, RetroSound® has tooled and manufactured the first weather resistant audiophile quality component speaker system designed specifically for the classic automotive market. The RetroMod® R-C652N two-way component system makes use of poly cones and a sealed crossover network to protect the system from the elements. The mid-woofer uses a Santoprene® surround for an even, natural sound. Silk dome tweeters provide accurate high frequency reproduction without inducing ear fatigue. The RetroSound® RetroMod® R-C652N is simply the finest sounding speaker system ever produced for the classic restoration market.
* Neodymium magnet structure for high power handling in a slim-line design
* Inside of magnet is dip cut for increased pole piece excursion and better output
* Santoprene® surrounds – the best and most expensive surround material – for an even, natural sound
* Water resistant poly cones
* Sealed water resistant crossover network
* Silk dome tweeters for clear, accurate high frequency reproduction
* Includes mesh wire grilles
* Power handling: 85 Watts RMS / 150 Watts Max Power